Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just for me: Making time for myself.

I admit it, I am not the best at giving myself a break. I am a yes girl. When someone asks me to do something, I not only do it 100% but I try to go beyond that 100% to make an even bigger difference. I love helping people. It's is why I am in the field I am in. I love the fact that if I can help one kid with special needs then I have made a difference.

I think the time has come for me to dig a little niche for myself. At the end of the day, there is not a long that I do that is for me. Ok, well maybe not completely. I do happen to watch some tv shows like Greys Anatomy and Criminal Minds, etc. I don't have any hobbies, because I feel it is taking time away from my children. And now that I have another child who is possibly going to be in the special education system next year, I had a MAJOR break through. I do too much.

So, I took into account of what I need to do for myself. I watch tv, oh boy is THAT exciting. LOL but that's not something I can live for. Its not something to get myself out of bed every day. What do I love to do? That was really hard for me to think about. For the last 9 years, my entire world has centered on taking care of my children or addressing Caleb's special needs. For me that is my entire world and I do adore what I do. I can't see not working in special education. Special education is a part of who I am.

And then it came to me. I love cooking. Tweaking recipes, creating recipes, looking over recipes that have been done and deciding if they're really worth keeping, etc. I love to do it. I mean at one point I was considering being a chef. I just got burnt out. So I decided. I was going to cook and blog about my recipes. But not just any recipes. These recipes have to be healthy, kid-friendly, and easy to make. Most recipes fail in one category of my mandatory requirements.

So for the next year, or even 6 months, I am embarking on a cooking/blogging journey to find great tasting recipes that a kid will eat and a diabetic won't go into a diabetic coma from. Feel free to join me under my new blog: Healthymom Recipe Reviewer. I would love for you to tag along on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment