Monday, September 24, 2012

Where I am today

I am not proud of where I've been. I am, let's face it, a food addict. I would like nothing better than to just shove my face into a bucket of chocolate and go to town, but I prefer living.  And this is what it got me... I was miserable in my body. I wanted to be healthy. I got a wake up call a few years ago after having my third child. I was at risk for diabetes. I fought like hell to overcome it. Nothing I did worked. I tried diets after diets...fad after fad and I failed.


I finally found one after talking to a nutritionist...eating a diabetic way. I should have just stuck with that, as I had gestational diabetic with pregnancy and then again with my third pregnancy. But let's face it, who wants to be on a diet? Not me. But this isn't a diet. This is a lifestyle change. You want to change? You change your life. You want this weight off, then make changes to do it. Start making little changes. If you focus on a high goal, you will fail. I did for a long time. This did not happen overnight. This picture above is of my oldest son. He's 11 today. It took me years to get this off. The last of it came off in the last 2 years, when I really started to focus on making myself healthier for me. I want to live a better life so I can be there for my kids. I really think that's important. People can tell you all this information. I can sit here and blog all day long about how you should do this and that and blah blah blah, but until you want to change, nothing will happen. This is what I look like today. I am down nearly 150 lbs. I am very very close to my goal weight. It's not about what I want to weigh anymore. It's about living a healthier lifestyle. I want to live a healthier me so I can be there for the important moments for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment